“Are You Ready For Some Sausage Balls?”
|September 25, 2011||Filled under Appetizers, Make Ahead, Party, Pork|
It’s that time of year again; Football Season. For many this means tailgating, fantasy football teams, whooping and hollering in front of the TV on Sunday afternoon. But what does football season mean to a foodie who only watches the Superbowl for the commercials? Well, for this foodie it means finger foods and munchies served in the livingroom. I am always looking for new ways to put the favorites in snack size. These sausage balls are simple to make and can be made with all types of sausage to vary the flavor. Spicy sausage is great for a mexi-flavor. Sweet maple sausage is my hubby’s favorite. The recipe below makes about 15 large sausage balls. You can make them smaller (2 inch) but I prefer larger (3.5 inch) ones. Spicy mustard, grape or strawberry jelly, queso dip or spicy ketchup are great dips to serve with this snack. Room temperature is the best temperature to eat these treats.
- 1 pkg ground sausage (any flavor)
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 cups finely shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp garlic powder
Putting It All Together:
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Smush together with your fingers to really mix well (as always, my favorite part)
- Form into 3-3.5 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.