BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potatoes
|February 26, 2012||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish, Make Ahead|
This past week I had to do some traveling for work. I always worry about what the family will eat while I am away. I envision a diet packed with take out, leftovers, and drive through goodies. BBQ Chicken with potatoes and a side salad is probably not on the list. This is an easy dinner to prep ahead of time to ensure the family eats healthy with minimal work. It is also perfect for busy week nights or for packing lunches to take to work.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbs chopped green onions
- 1 tsp salt
- dash pepper
Putting It All Together:
- Cut 2 inch strip from the top of each potato and carefully scoop out cooked potato pulp from the skins (careful not to pierce the skins. This is easiest when it is still very warm)
- Place potato in a large bowl.
- Add butter, cream, chicken, BBQ sauce, cheese, onion, salt and pepper in the bowl with the potato.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Spoon mix back into skins (you will have leftovers).
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425.
- Place potatoes on a large baking sheet and cook 15 minutes or until heated through.
Great with a side salad. Enjoy!