Category: Main Dish
|February 17, 2013||Filled under Beef, Main Dish|
Lately there has been a lot of fish and chicken in our house. In my efforts to slim down our menu, beef has taken a big hit. My hubby is a meat eating man. Give him some red meat, pan… more
|January 27, 2013||Filled under Main Dish, Vegetables|
I love meatloaf and so does the family. It is one of my go-to recipes for Sundays since it fills the house up with a good, homey Sunday dinner smell and, if there are any leftovers, I can use them… more
|January 25, 2013||Filled under Main Dish|
It is not always easy to eat healthy. Especially on a very cold Friday night when your family is craving something special, not made from the kitchen in the house, and not on my recipe agenda for the week. We… more
|September 9, 2012||Filled under Main Dish, Make Ahead, Sandwich, Tips & How To's|
My mother sang the same, senseless song to me every year on the first day of school. “School day, school day, it’s a golden rule day.” Elementary school through my senior year of high school I was woken… more
|July 29, 2012||Filled under Appetizers, Fish & Seafood|
It has been quite a while since I last posted a recipe here at my favorite spot. I wish I could say that was because it is summer and I am spending an absorbent amount of time lounging pool or… more
|May 20, 2012||Filled under Beef, Main Dish, Slow Cooker|
I was recently asked why I have a recipe blog. I wasn’t expecting the question and there are so many possible answers. I could explain why I started it. I could explain my dreams of turning this little extracurricular activity… more
|April 22, 2012||Filled under Beef, Main Dish, Sandwich|
My husband and I have a favorite place to eat Philly Steak and Cheese. J. Michael’s Philly Deli has been serving Philly style sandwiches in our local area since 1979. Their slogan is “We really Philly it up,” which is… more
|April 15, 2012||Filled under Breakfast, Casserole, Main Dish, Make Ahead|
This morning I am enjoying a sweet breakfast and thinking about age. Yes, it is that time of year again. My birthday is just around the corner. My last 6 birthdays have been dreaded events as I watch 25 slip further… more
|March 18, 2012||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish|
Maybe it’s because Dr. Seuss just had a birthday Or maybe it was the green beer from St. Patty’s day Something has me in a rhyming type mood Even though this article’s all about food Maybe… more
|March 11, 2012||Filled under Casserole, Chicken, Main Dish|
Get ready for ooey gooey! This is a great Sunday casserole dish for the family. Great flavors and easy to sneak the veggies in. I used mushrooms below but feel free to try others. It has been a tough couple… more
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilis, drained
- 1 pint fresh chopped mushrooms
- 1 (16oz) can Navy beans
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp each cumin, garlic powder, cinnamon, chili powder
- 1 cup chicken broth; divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas
Putting It All Together:
- Preheat oven to 350, lightly grease a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, chilis and mushrooms to skillet and saute over medium heat for 10 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Add beans, seasonings and broth to skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat for 10 more minutes, stirring and smashing beans slightly with spatula.
- Stir in cooked chicken, mixing thoroughly and heat through.
- Remove chicken to a large bowl and keep warm.
- In the same skillet combine soups, sour cream and remaining 1/2 cup broth; cook and stir over medium heat.
- Slowly add shredded cheese a little at a time, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Turn off burner.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture.
- Tuck in ends and roll tortillas tightly, place seam down in greased baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over top of tortillas.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.