|March 18, 2012||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish|
Maybe it’s because Dr. Seuss just had a birthday Or maybe it was the green beer from St. Patty’s day Something has me in a rhyming type mood Even though this article’s all about food Maybe… more
|March 11, 2012||Filled under Casserole, Chicken, Main Dish|
Get ready for ooey gooey! This is a great Sunday casserole dish for the family. Great flavors and easy to sneak the veggies in. I used mushrooms below but feel free to try others. It has been a tough couple… more
|February 26, 2012||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish, Make Ahead|
This past week I had to do some traveling for work. I always worry about what the family will eat while I am away. I envision a diet packed with take out, leftovers, and drive through goodies. BBQ Chicken with… more
|January 28, 2012||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish, Party, Slow Cooker|
OK, let me be perfectly honest right up front. I don’t love football. I don’t love that it takes 4+ hours to play a game with only about 20 minutes of actual “playing” time. I don’t love that there are… more
|November 19, 2011||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish|
There was a time when my husband and I would go to a restaurant for dinner. On a Tuesday night. Just because we felt like it. Seems like a lifetime ago though it was really just a little less than a decade… more
|November 12, 2011||Filled under Casserole, Chicken, Main Dish|
We had a little miracle show up on our door step just days ago and now we are a family of six. I know, it is truly amazing! She is just beautiful. Her yellowish-greenish eyes sparkle when she is happy. … more
|November 4, 2011||Filled under Casserole, Chicken, Main Dish|
Ever just need to snuggle up with something warm? I think today is just one of those days. It is pouring rain. I mean cats and dogs, blinding, no windshield wiper setting is fast enough rain. And something about today’s… more
|October 17, 2011||Filled under Casserole, Chicken, Main Dish|
This recipe dates back to the 1800’s. And when you think about the ingredients, it is easy to understand why this recipe would stand the test of time. And famine. And plague. And voyage. I love the history of food… more
|October 1, 2011||Filled under Casserole, Chicken, Main Dish, Soups & Stews|
I can’t remember the first time I enjoyed my Mama’s Chicken & Dumplings. I must have been very young. I do however remember my Mama complaining about her dumplings being runny every time she made them. Despite her dismissal of… more
|August 10, 2011||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish|
If you have been following for a while you know that there are somethings I can cook, but fried chicken is not one of them. This classic southern recipe is very illusive, for me anyway. So I gave it another… more
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/2 lb fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs oil
Putting It All Together:
- Saute mushrooms, garlic and onion powder in a large skillet in butter until mushrooms are soft.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and chop mushrooms into tiny pieces.
- Slice chicken breasts in the middle, but not all the way through, to create a pocket.
- Mix shredded cheeses in a bowl.
- Place 1 tbs of cheese and 1 tbs of mushrooms into each chicken.
- Beat two eggs in small bowl.
- Carefully dip chicken in egg, ensuring the stuffing stays inside.
- Role chicken in Panko breadcrumbs.
- Place in frying pan with 2 tbs of oil.
- Fry chicken in pan covered, flipping every 5 minutes, for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.