Cause Sometimes Only a Cookie Will Do
|February 9, 2013||Filled under Cookies, Desserts, Uncategorized|
There are times when only a cookie will do. Now, not so long ago, when this moment hit, I would have scavenged my husband’s secret snack stash for something processed and sugary and all together baaaaaaaad! But not anymore. Now I am committed to losing weight, to getting healthy and to my training plan. So this evening, while snuggling with my girls and watching The Great Muppet Caper (one of the greatest movies ever!!) and the snack attack occurred I went straight to Pinterest, the be all end all new age encyclopedia. And I stumbled upon these delicious little guilt free gems at The Burlap Bag. Great website! And fabulous find.
The idea is simple – bananas and oatmeal. But the possibilities are endless. Remember my quest to find more and more creative uses for Nutella? Found one! You could throw in some walnut pieces or dark chocolate chips or dried cranberries or…ok, you get the idea. These cookies could not be simpler. And if you eat the entire batch you have had 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 bananas and a tablespoon of Nutella. Not bad if you want to binge. However, have just a few and you have satisfied the snack urge while maintaining a healthy diet. These would be great for a breakfast on the run or after school snack too.
One more bonus – the kids loved them! Winner!! Thank you Burlap Bag!
- 2 very ripe bananas (confession – I have a small addiction to collecting too ripe bananas. I keep a freezer ziplock gallon size bag in my freezer and put my too ripe bananas in them all year. The peel turns a nasty black color but the result is the perfect ingredient for anything requiring “ripe banana.” Makes the perfect banana bread.)
- 1 cup instant oats or rolled oats
- 1 tbs Nutella
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Putting It All Together:
- Mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Drop mix by the spoonful on well greased baking sheet.
- Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.
- Check for the right firmness. If they are still a little too soft, cook another 5 minutes.