Double Peach Crisp
|August 20, 2011||Filled under Desserts, Fruit|
Does anything say comfort and summer like peaches baked in a crunchy crust? This recipe will fill the house with the most wonderful aromas that leave anxious volunteers ready to taste test. The fresh summer peaches really steal the stage in this quick and easy cousin of the classic peach cobbler. Oatmeal is the secret ingredient providing the rich, crispy topping and middle layer. This dish takes about an hour to prepare but is well worth it in the end. Want to really blow their socks off? Top with a small dollop of vanilla ice cream and get ready for the “mmmmmmmmmmmm’s.”
- 8 cups fresh sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbs flour
- dash nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups regular oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Putting It All Together:
- Stir together peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg in large pot.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to low, cooking 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and 1/3 cup butter.
- Stir until butter melts.
- Spoon 1/2 of peach mixture into greased 9 inch square pan.
- Combine flour, oats and sugar in a small bowl.
- Stir in melted butter with fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle half of oat mixture on top of peaches.
- Top with rest of peaches.
- Sprinkle with rest of topping.
- Bake @ 375 for 40 minutes until golden.