Fruit Salad with Lime Dressing
|May 11, 2011||Filled under Fruit, Side Dish|
This recipe makes a great appetizer or compliment to any meal. Any fresh fruit can be tossed in a simple lime and honey dressing. Not only is this salad healthy but also very affordable, especially if you are picking up the seasonal fruit from your local farmers’ market. This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 2 cups each of 2 of your favorite fresh fruits chopped (alter the portions of each fruit so that you end with 4 cups of fresh fruit)
- 1 fresh lime
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Putting It All Together:
- Place fruit in a large glass bowl.
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice from each half into a small bowl.
- Zest lime into bowl (about 1 tsp)
- Add honey and cinnamon to lime juice.
- Mix well.
- Pour over fruit and stir gently.