|June 3, 2011||Filled under Make Ahead, Party, Side Dish, Vegetables|
This recipe is great for parties and cookouts. It is easy to make and feeds a bunch. It is also a side you can make ahead of time. When I make this I use a large glass bowl so party goers can see all the colors in this dish. The raisins are optional but add a little sweetness to encourage little ones to try.
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of mayo (Dukes is best according to this Lunch-Lady)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- dash of freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 20 oz finely shredded cabbage mix with carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Putting It All Together:
- Mix together sugar, mayo, milk, lemon, rind, vinegar, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Add cabbage and raisins, stirring well to coat completely.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator at least two hours until ready to serve.