Pork Chops with Blueberry Sauce
|May 26, 2011||Filled under Main Dish, Pork|
Blueberries are the star of the show in this recipe and of the late spring fruit stands. These little berries pack a powerful punch on two fronts; flavor and health benefits. In southeast North Carolina blueberries are yours for the picking right now, so I am stocking up. This sauce brings excitement to the basic pork chop dinner and my daughters love the sweet flavor. It’s quick and easy and to save even more time you can make the sauce ahead of time and heat up in the microwave as needed.
|Pork Chops with Blueberry Sauce||
- 1 can Coke
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 cup crushed, fresh blueberries
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp teak seasoning
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Pour Coke into gallon size Ziplock bag. Add pork chops and seal tightly. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- In small sauce pan, combine crushed blueberries, lemon juice, soy sauce, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cook on low heat, stirring continuously, until well blended.
- Remove chops from bag and discard Coke.
- Sprinkle both sides of chops with steak seasoning.
- In a large skillet cook chops in oil over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Place on a serving platter and cover each chop with blueberry sauce.