Pulled Pork BBQ
|June 12, 2011||Filled under Main Dish, Make Ahead, Party, Pork, Slow Cooker|
This recipe is so fun. You can change the seasonings, sauces and flavors to suit your tastes. This is one of my favorites that I change a little each time I make it. It is great for parties and makes enough to freeze half for another time. Serve on buns or on its own with corn on the cob for a great family dinner or to feed a hungry crowd.
- 3lb pork roast, cut into 4 inch think pieces
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs molasses
- 1 tbs salt
Putting It All Together:
- Place pork in large slow cooker.
- Add onion and celery.
- In a large bowl mix the rest of ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cook 8 hours on low.
- When done, remove meat to cutting board.
- Finely chop meat and place in large bowl.
- Pour sauce from slow cooker over meat and mix well.
Enjoy! And if you do or you think you might, hit “Like” to share with your FB friends!by