Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins
|March 2, 2011||Filled under Bread, Breakfast, Main Dish|
This is a kid-friendly recipe! My 3 year old is in a PBJ phase right now. And these muffins are a favorite. Simple ingredients and quick prep make this recipe a winner for breakfast, packed in a lunchbox, or dinner. With a jelly center these muffins are like a healthier version of the jelly donut.
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 tsps salt
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of your favorite jelly
- 1/3 cup sugar
Putting It All Together:
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spray muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add milk, eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, peanut butter and oil.
- Mix on low speed with mixer just until moistened - careful not to over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup half way with batter.
- Place one spoonful of jelly in the center of each muffin.
- Cover jelly in each muffin cup with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
For breakfast I serve these muffins with scrambled eggs and yogurt. Add carrot sticks for a great lunch. Enjoy!by