|May 23, 2011||Filled under Appetizers, Party, Pork|
Fancy enough for a party, yummy enough for dinner and quick enough for either. The modest mushroom is the main attraction in this savory dish. The stuffing can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. As an appetizer these are hearty little bites that can be beautifully displayed. For a main dish just add a side salad to complete the meal.
- 30-35 large white button mushrooms
- 1/2 lb mild sausage (Jimmy Dean Country Mild)
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1/2 pkg cream cheese
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Remove stems from mushrooms carefully and finely chop stems.
- Cook sausage, mushroom stems and garlic until sausage is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in cheese, bread crumbs, cream cheese and onions.
- Fill each cap with 1 to 2 tbs of filling.
- Place each stuffed cap in baking pan lined with tin foil.
- Bake at 400 for 18 minutes.
Stuffing mix can be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator in sealed container for up to 3 days.
I am testing out a new plug-in with the printable format. What do you think?by