Posts Tagged by dinner
|February 17, 2013||Filled under Beef, Main Dish|
Lately there has been a lot of fish and chicken in our house. In my efforts to slim down our menu, beef has taken a big hit. My hubby is a meat eating man. Give him some red meat, pan… more
|January 25, 2013||Filled under Main Dish|
It is not always easy to eat healthy. Especially on a very cold Friday night when your family is craving something special, not made from the kitchen in the house, and not on my recipe agenda for the week. We… more
|December 1, 2012||Filled under Slow Cooker, Soups & Stews|
It has been one of those weeks. No. Seriously. One of THOSE weeks. You know the kind. We all do. That kind of week when the tire goes flat while running late on the first rainy morning in 3 months. And… more
|May 20, 2012||Filled under Beef, Main Dish, Slow Cooker|
I was recently asked why I have a recipe blog. I wasn’t expecting the question and there are so many possible answers. I could explain why I started it. I could explain my dreams of turning this little extracurricular activity… more
|March 18, 2012||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish|
Maybe it’s because Dr. Seuss just had a birthday Or maybe it was the green beer from St. Patty’s day Something has me in a rhyming type mood Even though this article’s all about food Maybe… more
|March 11, 2012||Filled under Casserole, Chicken, Main Dish|
Get ready for ooey gooey! This is a great Sunday casserole dish for the family. Great flavors and easy to sneak the veggies in. I used mushrooms below but feel free to try others. It has been a tough couple… more
|February 26, 2012||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish, Make Ahead|
This past week I had to do some traveling for work. I always worry about what the family will eat while I am away. I envision a diet packed with take out, leftovers, and drive through goodies. BBQ Chicken with… more
|January 21, 2012||Filled under Main Dish, Pork, Vegetables|
Traditions that are 4709 years old. That is old. A Dragon that determines the fate of a generation. Weeks of preparation for family gatherings that will last 15 days. (That is a long time to spend with the in-laws and… more
|January 7, 2012||Filled under Beef, Main Dish|
I am so hungover. No, not the 20-something, had a great night out with beautiful people, at beautiful places with loud pumping base and a fuzzy taxi cab ride home hungover. I am holiday hungover. All that time off work… more
|January 1, 2012||Filled under Fish & Seafood, Main Dish, Soups & Stews|
Just a few miles from here, along the shoreline of the Atlantic Ocean lived a small clam named Barry. Barry was smart as a whip and always had been according to his mother. He had a certain way of noticing… more
- 4 cans (6.5oz) clams
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- dash of pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 5 tsp flour
Putting It All Together:
- Drain clams reserving 1 1/2 cups clam juice.
- In a large dutch oven cook bacon until crisp and remove to paper towels to cool.
- Reserve bacon drippings in pan.
- Add onions and celery to bacon drippings in pan; cook over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in white wine and boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in clam juice, potatoes, bouillon, thyme and pepper.
- Return to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and mash potatoes in pot.
- In a large bowl stir together milk, cream and flour.
- Add milk mixture to pot.
- Simmer and stir until thickened.
- Stir in clams.
- Reduce heat and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon.