Posts Tagged by French Toast
|April 15, 2012||Filled under Breakfast, Casserole, Main Dish, Make Ahead|
This morning I am enjoying a sweet breakfast and thinking about age. Yes, it is that time of year again. My birthday is just around the corner. My last 6 birthdays have been dreaded events as I watch 25 slip further… more
|September 14, 2011||Filled under Breakfast, Make Ahead|
I have a breadbox. Maybe you have one too. Or some corner or cabinet in the kitchen where you pile up bread. Hot Dog buns, hamburger buns, tiny sweet rolls, crescent rolls from last Sunday’s dinner; they sit there, threatening… more
|May 9, 2011||Filled under Breakfast, Casserole, Main Dish, Make Ahead|
This is not you average French Toast recipe. Fresh French Bread, brown sugar and your favorite fruits baked together in a breakfast casserole that is as beautiful as it is tasty. This is a special occasion breakfast recipe that you… more
- 1 loaf for fresh French Bread
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- 12oz package frozen fruit (your favorite kind)
- 3 tbs cold butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
Putting It All Together:
- Slice loaf of French Break in half longways.
- Cut or pull break into bite sized pieces.
- Spray 13×9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes into baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine egg whites, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Mix lightly with whisk.
- Pour egg mix evenly over bread cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before cooking, remove package of fruit from freezer to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator and place on counter while oven heats.
- Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl cut cold butter into brown sugar until crumbly.
- Sprinkle fruit over french toast.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over fruit.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
If you are not a fruit and berry lover, you can also skip the fruit and use maple syrup instead. When you remove from oven, sprinkle powdered sugar over maple syrup. Enjoy!by