Posts Tagged by fried
|July 29, 2012||Filled under Appetizers, Fish & Seafood|
It has been quite a while since I last posted a recipe here at my favorite spot. I wish I could say that was because it is summer and I am spending an absorbent amount of time lounging pool or… more
|August 10, 2011||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish|
If you have been following for a while you know that there are somethings I can cook, but fried chicken is not one of them. This classic southern recipe is very illusive, for me anyway. So I gave it another… more
|February 27, 2011||Filled under Chicken, Main Dish|
In honor of the Academy Awards tonight I thought I would post the first take of this recipe. Actually, I really debated about posting this recipe for Fried Chicken. I have only attempted this dish 3 or 4 times total. … more
- 1.5 cups shortening
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pancake mix (Bisquick)
- 1 tsp each salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and nutmeg
- 2-3 lbs chicken legs, thighs or breasts
Putting It All Together
- Heat shortening in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Combine flour, biscuit mix and seasonings in a large Tupperware bowl.
- Place chicken pieces, two at a time, into bowl. Put top on bowl and shake vigorously to coat chicken.
- Place chicken in skillet and fry over medium high heat until pieces have slightly browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken to paper towel covered plate and repeat steps 3 & 4.
- Turn heat to medium low, cover skillet and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat again to medium high.
- Fry until chicken is a deep golden brown and juices run clear.
This chicken could be great served with a creamy ranch or sweet & sour sauce. Mac-n-cheese, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and salad are great side options for this dinner.by