Posts Tagged by shrimp
|July 9, 2011||Filled under Fish & Seafood, Main Dish, Sauce & Condiments|
Everyone has had Crab Cakes. But what about Shrimp? Shrimp are also a sweet treat from the sea. So I figured why not put them in a cake? The end result was this recipe. And the creation was goooood! If… more
|June 6, 2011||Filled under Fish & Seafood, Main Dish, Pork|
Shrimp is a great addition to weeknight dinners. They make regular dinners a little special and they are ready super fast. This recipe makes a stick-to-your-ribs dinner with plenty of leftovers to share or reheat tomorrow. This can be made… more
|May 15, 2011||Filled under Appetizers, Fish & Seafood, Party|
WARNING: These little bites do not stay around long. I recently fixed this recipe as an appetizer at a family gathering. I very quickly realized one round was not enough. These bites are easy to prepare with a few simple… more
- 1 package center cut bacon, each piece cut in half
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp black & red pepper flakes
- heavy duty tin foil
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
Putting It All Together:
- Place shrimp in medium bowl.
- Pour BBQ sauce, pepper and lemon juice over shrimp.
- Stir to coat.
- Cover and marinade at least one hour in refrigerator.
- Line 15×10 inch baking sheet with heavy duty tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around shrimp, securing with toothpick. Reapeat for all shrimp.
- Dab small amount of BBQ sauce on each wrapped shrimp.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle blue cheese.
- Bake 2-4 minutes long.
- Serve immediately!
Have to give a shout out in this recipe to my new friends Cliff & Laid-Back Steve at the Fish Bone in Danville VA. They helped me find the perfect fish and sea food to serve to my family this past weekend. They also let me sample lots of their goodies. Cliff’s chicken salad is out-of-this-world good!! If you are in town, stop by and tell them “Hey’ and pick up some wonderful seafood and homemade salads. Thanks ya’ll!by