White Chicken Enchiladas
|March 11, 2012||Filled under Casserole, Chicken, Main Dish|
Get ready for ooey gooey! This is a great Sunday casserole dish for the family. Great flavors and easy to sneak the veggies in. I used mushrooms below but feel free to try others. It has been a tough couple of weeks, full of very busy schedules and scarce family time. This dish was just what our house needed to get everyone around the table at the same time to laugh, talk and enjoy a good meal.
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilis, drained
- 1 pint fresh chopped mushrooms
- 1 (16oz) can Navy beans
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp each cumin, garlic powder, cinnamon, chili powder
- 1 cup chicken broth; divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas
Putting It All Together:
- Preheat oven to 350, lightly grease a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, chilis and mushrooms to skillet and saute over medium heat for 10 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Add beans, seasonings and broth to skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat for 10 more minutes, stirring and smashing beans slightly with spatula.
- Stir in cooked chicken, mixing thoroughly and heat through.
- Remove chicken to a large bowl and keep warm.
- In the same skillet combine soups, sour cream and remaining 1/2 cup broth; cook and stir over medium heat.
- Slowly add shredded cheese a little at a time, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Turn off burner.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture.
- Tuck in ends and roll tortillas tightly, place seam down in greased baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over top of tortillas.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.