|April 27, 2011||Filled under Beverages, Party|
Spring is here in the southeast which means two of my favorite things; fresh strawberries and backyard cookouts. My hubby and I love to entertain, especially in the warmer months. I recently used this recipe as a signature drink for a backyard gathering.
While traditional sangria blends the rich flavors of red wine and citris frutis. This version uses a bubbly Spanish wine called Cava. It is light and fruity with a great perfume. Add fresh strawberries from a local farm and you have the perfect warm weather cocktail. This recipe makes 4 wine glasses full.
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 chilled bottle of Cava
- 1 cup chilled white grape juice
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- colored sugar for rim of glass (optional)
Putting It All Together:
- Muddle mint bottom of glass pitcher
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients
- Garnish wine glasses with colored sugar and strawberry (optional)
- Serve over ice.